(VANCOUVER, BC – June 6, 2022): Softree Technical Systems, developer of engineering software for resource and forestry infrastructure applications, has deployed a new global release of its RoadEng Forest Engineer software. The new version release focuses on simplifying workflows and improving visualization.
This new version offers many exciting new features but keeps the user-friendly interface that represents the company. “We constantly listen to our customers’ support challenges and adapt our software to make it easier to do the projects they are trying to do”, said David Mills, software engineer. “This new version of RoadEng includes 3D functionality and handling of corridor surfaces that will help users to improve their workflows, without adding complexity.”
New features include:
- 3D Improvements - The 3D window is even more valuable with the ability to work with 3D objects & facets, set 3D symbols & editing of features in 3D.
- Improvements in working with multiple alignments and surfaces - Create individual surfaces from corridors. Easier workflow for forest infrastructure projects like culverts, bridge sites, and mainline/spur road junctions.
- Imaging Handling Improvements - Including control for image transparency, ability to transform imagery by vectors, and improved image geo-referencing.
- Hydrology & Watershed Tools - Including automatic definition of streams and ponds; and calculation of a drainage area feeding a specific point.
- Auto-Balance Grading - New grading option that adjusts the feature elevation for cut-fill balancing of the graded object.
- Improved Export Options - Including multi-plot save-as single DWG file, direct export from Location to Shape file, & Location Plan and Terrain Multi-plot export to Avenza ZIP file. Direct export from Terrain to Raster DEM.
With improved visualization and easier workflows, this software development furthers our commitment to engineering an easier way.
For more information about the new release, please visit www.softree.com/Version-10
Business Development Manager
604-519-6222, ext. 104
Available Images for use / reproduction:
Credit: Softree Technical Systems Inc