Effective Date: Sept 1, 2023
1. About this Policy
2. About Softree Technical Systems Inc
We are Softree Technical Systems, located at 1000 Roosevelt Crescent, #215, North Vancouver, BC, Canada.
At Softree, we take pride in developing cutting-edge engineering software solutions that can be used across a wide variety of industries and project types. Our software is designed to empower professionals in the engineering field, providing them with powerful tools to enhance productivity, streamline workflows, and achieve outstanding results.
Our software offerings include RoadEng, Terrain Tools and Softree Optimal. With a commitment to innovation and user-centric design, our software is trusted by businesses worldwide to deliver exceptional results. We value your support inquiries and feedback, as they help us improve our products and services and better understand your business needs.
3. Sources and Types of Personal Data We Collect from You
We receive and store any information you enter on our Sites (softree.com, support.softree.com, soporte.softree.com) or give us in any other way; this may include information that can identify you ("personally identifiable information"). You can choose not to provide information to us, but, in general, some information about you is required for you to access trial versions of our software, purchase a license of our software, submit a support inquiry, or register for a webinar.
Information we collect from:
a) Submitted Form Data: To use some of the forms and features of our Sites, certain information may be required. For example, your business email address, name, and company information are necessary if you want access to trial downloads. Other additional form information is voluntary.
b) Software Registration Data: Upon registration of a software license, your email address, computer name, computer ID (hash of bios & drives), and IP address are stored in our license manager portal; this is necessary for your software to become activated. The computer ID will be permanently stored to prevent fraudulent use of the program.
4. How We Use Your Information
Softree Technical Systems uses the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Registration and account management
- Communication with you
- Marketing and advertising
- Software development (new features & bug fixes)
5. Your Privacy Rights
If you reside in Europe or find yourself in the territory of Europe, we are committed to facilitating the exercise of your rights granted by the European Data Protection law. Otherwise, you can contact us at any time to discuss your privacy concerns.
Privacy rights under the European Data Protection law include:
- Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy, we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or concerns, you can contact us at any time.
- Right of access, objection, restriction of processing, erasure, and portability. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when we process your personal data based on your consent.
- Right to opt-out of direct marketing. You have the right to opt-out at any time from receiving marketing materials from us by following the opt-out instructions in our commercial emails or by contacting us.
- Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements and administrative messages relating to your Softree account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according to the European Data Protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
6. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
7. Retention Periods and Deletion
Softree retains your personal information to the extent necessary for to reasonably serve customer relations, meet our compliance and legal obligations, enhance security and fraud prevention, and for audit purposes.
8. How We Protect Your Information
We want you to feel confident about using our Sites and Software, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our Site while it is in transit over the Internet, and any such submission is at your own risk.
10. How You Can Contact Us
Please provide your identification and contact details, including your email address used to register with this Site, and a complete explanation of your concern.