Softree Technical Systems is seeking an Software Programmer / Developer to join our Development Team in North Vancouver, BC.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented software developer to work on all phases of software design, coding and testing. The successful candidate will work closely with the rest of our development team, improving and re-inventing existing software products.
- Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, mathematics or engineering.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience
- Experience working with 3D graphics or civil engineering software
- Good programming and software skills: C++ and C# language proficiency including MFC and .NET
- Competency math and geometry
- 3D Graphics experience such as OpenGL would be useful
- A background in the natural resource industries or civil engineering industries is preferred.
Ideally you are… an enthusiastic, curious and persistent individual. You write clean, well documented code because you value efficiency and best practices. You're analytical by nature and are always looking for a "better way" to complete a task.
Ready to make an impact in our small (but growing) company? We invite you to send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Technical Support Engineer
Software Support Engineers liaise between the software development team, sales, and the end user, providing engineering guidance on the application of Softree products to real world problems. In addition to being a good problem solver, he or she should have strong communications and teamwork skills. The successful candidate will also provide direct support to clients by phone, internet or in person.
Involvement in other tasks related to sales will be required, such as market research, preparation of proposals and identification of client purchasing needs and new products.
- Provide direct support and assistance to help customers solve engineering problems.
- Assist in software testing and documentation.
- Assist in software development and planning - recommendation of features, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Ability to solve technical engineering problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with RoadEng and/or Civil 3D preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in civil engineering or related geo-science field.
- Preference will be given to candidates with software and civil engineering experience
Our small, but growing, company needs a reliable, organized Office Assistant to manage the day-to-day administrative aspects of running the business. The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent client-facing communication skills. If you have worked in a fast-paced office in the past and you enjoy establishing your own organizational systems, we’re excited to talk with you.
This part-time job is for 20 hours a week, with a flexibility in the schedule (i.e. 2.5 full days or 5 half days).
We’re looking for someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Light accounting duties (i.e. invoicing through Simply Accounting)
- Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member
- Track and assign inbound support inquiries
- Coordinate courier service , prepare software purchase packages
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and client information
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank
- Assistance in other day-to-day tasks: ie. creation of trial software licenses
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Business college training an advantage
- Previous office experience may be requested but this can also be entry level position
- Competent computer skills including MS Office
- Preference given to candidates with some light accounting work
- Organization and planning skills
- Work management and prioritizing skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Attention to detail